Friday 11 July 2014

Wizards' Marcin Gortat has no idea what happened to the pig on his Instagram

Marcin Gortat posted an Instagram photo with a pig on a leash going into a shopping center in Poland earlier this summer. It seemed like a totally Gortat-thing like to do: He’s hilarious, pro athletes have stranger pets and it was completely believable for those who are familiar with the Wizards player.
But in what we find to be a rather disappointing admission, he told Chad Dukes on Washington radio station 106.7 The Fan that the pig was not his.
And he doesn’t even know what happened to it.
Ok, first of all it wasn’t my pig, it was just picked for the picture,” Gortat said. “It’s kind of unbelievable, because we found the pig in a shopping center. Some people brought a pig to the shopping center. There was some kind of a charity event, raising money for animals, and they brought a pig.
“I couldn’t believe I’m actually looking at a pig. And my friend had to really pinch me and say listen, this is really a pig. So that’s why we decided to take a picture for Instagram. We thought we’re gonna make some noise, and actually, yeah, we really made it.”
Dukes asked: Does he still have the pig?
“No. I don’t know what happened with the pig. I hope she’s still alive. We just took a picture. It was a really strong pig. I had to donate $30 and grabbed the leash with the pig and it was funny because the pig was really pulling me. The trainer that was standing with the pig told me give her a little treat, I was like ‘no no I’ll leave the treats for you, you can do the feeding stuff.’”
Gortat then admitted he doesn’t even know the pig’s name.
The reason this is the most disappointing is that Gortat even said in the Instagram caption that it was his pig. Or implied it at least.
“Right here chilling with my puppy in shoping center in poland!” he wrote.
Next thing we’ll learn he never really drove an army truck.
 gortat

No comments:

Post a Comment